Our weekend consisted of three birthday parties, two sugar highs for Jack and one UNC loss:(. It was the good, the crazy and the ugly!
Finn got pumped for all of the party fun with a pre-party mohawk. He rocked it pretty well, wouldn't you say?

JP Reed turned 1 on the 13th and had his party on the 19th, which was his mommy's birthday! Those were our first two parties of the weekend and Jack's first sugar high. Kim's party was at Truffles, which is one of the yummiest places in Bluffton. We had a blast partying it down with the Reed family:)

On Sunday, Jack and I went to Kenzie's 2 year birthday party. Jack had so much fun bouncing in the jump castle. Even though the winds were whipping off of the water, making my hands and feet numb, Jack played like it was 70 degrees. Her party was Mickey-themed, which meant the cupcakes were a lovely shade of Mickey Mouse black, which meant that Jack stained his face!

You can see the remnant of the black icing stain if you look closely. Here's Jack taking a minute to wash the cake down with some ice cream. He loved every bit of it. All the way home he sang "Happy Birthday to You". He leaves out the "Happy Birthday Dear __________" verse and just sings "Happy Birthday To You" 100 times. After trying to explain to him that the party was over, I came home just before our small group met to watch the football games and what did they do, but bring yet another birthday cake to celebrate the January birthdays. Jack saw the cake and yelled, "HAPPY CAKE!!!" Today he was disappointed to realize that yes, finally, the weekend long party had ended.

Today has been the coldest day in the lowcountry we've had so far this winter. It's been sunny, but COLD! I was honestly a little excited that I had some errands to run today because that meant I could bundle the boys up in clothes they have never worn before. Finn must have felt pretty cozy in his bear outfit because in the short time that it took me to dress Jack, he fell asleep in the crib.

Here's the 2 year old bundle of joy. You can see his new favorite toy in his hand. After all of the Christmas presents he got, he wants to play with this Toshiba calculator. In fact, he and Gracen spent a lot of last night's small group fighting over the calculator that they referred to as their 'phone.' After rediscovering the phone this morning, Jack began 'talking' on the phone to Gracen. He said, "Hello, Gracen! I love you!"

We went to Atlanta Bread Company yesterday after church. On the way there, we gave Jack a pre-out to eat pep talk. You know the bit...."We're going to eat in a restaurant"..."You have to make good choices."...etc. To excite him even more, I told Jack that he could get a waffle with 'dip it' (syrup), and his response was, "What are you talking about?" (What you calking about?) Jack got the waffle, realized he didn't have a spoon, so he stole John's pickle and used it to scoop up his whipped cream. The first bite passed. The second bite brought on a "Ew...yucky!" But that didn't stop him. He finished the pickle, the whipped cream and 3/4 of his waffle. Anything for more sugar.

1 comment:
Oh, your boys make me laugh so much. I laughed out loud multiple times while I caught up on your blog. Move here and let your family entertain me in person.
Seriously, though, I do hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment