This was the look I got when singing to Finn the other night. He already thinks I'm crazy. You can just see his little brain thinking, "Geez, MOM! Not another picture." Maybe this is just a prep face for the middle school years when being seen with your parents is worse than electrocution.
Gigi and Papa stopped by the other night to say hi to the boys. Finley loves Gigi. She gets a lot of his big smiles.
And this is just one of those pictures that makes me smile. Even though I'm the one who dressed him and put this UNC pacifier in his mouth, I can tell that Finn feels awesome today because of his Tarheel paraphernalia. He was birthed from my womb afterall. We're hoping for a better performance against the Wolfpack today than we saw against Clemson last Sunday.
Some other things that make us smile:
1. Jack's continuing affection for "Baby Duckie" and "Big Duckie". He still has to sleep with both of them. This is Jack this morning with Big Duckie. Baby Duckie was "takin' nap" which means that Jack left him in the bed. Funny.
3. Jack working his puzzle this morning and purposely putting the pieces in the incorrect spot. He'd look at me and say "wrong!". Then he'd put the pieces in the correct spot and say, "RIGHT!!! YAY!!!"
4. Finn sleeping 11 hours at night!!!
5. Running on Pinckney Island yesterday with John and the boys. The running part doesn't make me smile, but the fact that John ran at my tortoise pace and pushed the jogging stroller does. Thank you, babe!!!
6. The fact that Jack cannot pronounce "truck" without saying the mother of all curse words, but that he can say Tyler Hansbrough pretty clearly.
7. The other night after a quick search for a quiet Jack, we found him in his room, sitting down with his UNC Basketball poster talking to the players' pictures. Sometimes he'll just carry the poster around with him.
8. The infamous Finn Grin.
9. John commenting that my cooking was good this week. I am proud to say that we ate in every night this week and had decent food for once. I even attempted crab cakes, which reached my goal of not making anyone sick.
10. The eye doctor telling us yesterday that Jack does not need surgery at this time! He'll probably wear the glasses until age 5-6 and then hopefully we'll be able to wean him from needing them.
11. The fact that my wonderful husband works his tail off so I can stay at home with the boys and be here to see them as they do these funny things.
12. Jack batting his eyes at us when asking for something that he wants that he know we will not give him without some sort of accomplishment (i.e. lollipops and 'big cookies' which are Nutrigrain Bars). And, no, batting the eyes does not count as an accomplishment.
13. Knowing that everyone who reads this will pray for my uncle, Tim, who was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. Please pray that God would heal him completely from this, that he'd remain positive and that the Lord will protect his wife, Lisa, and son, Adam. THANK YOU!!!!!
1 comment:
I am very jealous that Matt gets to see you and the boys today! Although, I have to admit I'm glad I will not be driving a total of 11 hours in one day! I think Finn looks a lot like you in the top picture! Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment