Saturday, April 12, 2008

Loco en la Cabeza

With a less than booming real estate market and a more than full daytime schedule, John and I decided to save some money while spending some time together. We had our first in house date night this week! And I have to say that it went really well. We put the kids to bed, cooked dinner together and ate without having any interruptions of ketchup finger licking or vegetable avoidance. However, after reviewing the pictures that I took of our date night, I realized that we are a really, really strange couple. Here's what we've got...

John giving me the 'A-OK' finger symbol to show that our dinner was good. For those of you interested in what we cooked...we had pecan coated orange roughy with a white wine and orange sauce, sauteed zuccini, bread and dessert. John was very helpful in the kitchen, and I think he may have enjoyed himself.

Apparently the chocolate chess pie was laced with some sort of crazy pill. I chose this dessert because John ordered it at the Angus Barn the other night, and he NEVER orders dessert or seems to care about yummy, calorie rich foods like I do. So...I found the super easy recipe online and whipped it up for him. He said it was so good that it may be better than the 5th best chocolate chess pie in the world. (Our server at the Angus Barn said their chess pie won the #5 best in the world....strangest award I've heard of in a while.)

Here's where I lost my mind and thought a picture of me lusting after the pie would be a good idea. As my friend Jen said, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife nor they huband's dessert." I broke that one for sure. It was hard to pass up a whole piece, so I settled for a bite. Or three.

So you can see why our sons are not normal, and why our photo books may be the oddest collection around. These pictures below are no different...

Jack received this sombrero as a party favor a few weeks ago at our neighbor's birthday party. I never imagined a sombrero would be so much fun! Everyone has worn it.

Jack insisted on Finn donning the hat as well. "Fen wear hat, Mommy...Fen funny!"

Jack even forced the insanity onto the only normal member of the whole bunch. Scout is the best dog in the world for putting up with our antics. As I'm sitting here typing, he's lying at my feet and making heavy sighs occasionally. I love him.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

gigi said...

you guys make me smile. it is especially nice to come back to read this - after the past few days. hug those kids!

Marianne B Dean said...

You guys really are two of the most perfect-for-each-other people I've ever met. I was just telling David the other day about the weekend I spent "chaperoning" you guys at John's lake house when ya'll were engaged and how much fun it was. You guys are awesome. :)