Wednesday, March 22, 2006

They're Baaaack!


We're glad to announce that Gigi Genie and Uncle Jeffrey returned from their two month's stay in Puerto Rico. Johnny and Jackie are back as well from their to and from ventures. Jack was excited to see his family after they were gone for so long. We visited them yesterday afternoon all had dinner together as well. Jack performed his tricks, bubble-blowing, rolling around on the ground, and sitting. We're so excited to have the Usserys back home, safe and sound and with facial hair. Check out Jeff's unshaven face. Nice, huh?

Jack and I had a first today. We went to StrollerFit class. It's an aerobics class where you take your baby in the stroller with you. We ran, jumped, sprinted, stretched and did isometrics and band-work together. For most of the class, the babies face you in their stroller while you exercise. And you know how a lot of people make statements like "I wonder what babies are thinking?" I'm pretty sure today Jack thought that I was going to die. During parts of the class, we count in Spanish and sing different songs to the babies while we're exercising. Well, being the only first timer of the group, my singing only came out in spurts because I was just trying to breathe. We'll definitely be going back to StrollerFit. It was a great workout, and Jack seemed to enjoy it. I think he was laughing at me, not with me.


This picture was taken last week. While I was organizing Jack's closet, he was playing in the floor with some of his toys. Next thing I knew, he was nowhere to be found. Well, actually, I assumed he had to be under the crib since it's the only thing tall enough for him to roll under, and yep, there he was. Under the crib. With his mouth wide open. Not sure why he was doing that, but he did it until I pulled him out from under there. What a funny guy.

This has nothing to do with Jack or any other Ussery, but...do any of you ever watch The Food Network? There's a cooking show called "Everyday Italian" on there with a host named Giada? I know my roomies, particularly Erin McHall, know about Giada. Well, Everyday Italian is on right now as I type, and I'm reminded once again of Giada's beauty, cooking skills and seemingly good fashion. Oh, and by the way, she happens to also be about as close to perfect as you can get, and it's 100% annoying. Isn't it, Erin McHall? She says words perfectly, breaks eggs perfectly, and can measure out exactly 3/4 cups of orzo without a measuring cup. Not because she's a chef and that's her business, but because she has perfect measure. It's like perfect pitch but for cooks. She could look at a handful of cooked rice and tell you it's 1.16 cups and then convert that into the uncooked rice measurement, which only Giada knows. Sickening.

2 comments:

mestler said...

umm..the Food Network is my favorite channel ever, and Rachael Ray and I are best friends. Like she calls me all the time and comes over to visit and stuff...I think I am going to be a guest on her show soon...

sigh...oh well, maybe in my fantasy world. I like Giada, too, although she kinda makes me sick with her perfectly dressed, no stained, skinny self when she is cooking.

Mama Lutz said...

I, too, struggle with my feelings about Giada. I love her, and yet I can't connect with her. (Wouldn't really say 'hate.') I think I like her, because it seems like she might be that happy-perfect all the time. I'm okay with that. Just no put-ons, please.

JACK IS AWESOME! I would let him kiss my daughter one day. In about 25 years. When they're married.