Here is some math. The boy way.
This hair...
These scissors (or a pair similar to them from Jack's school)
=
Jack's new do!
Here's how it went down:
I picked Jack up from school two weeks ago. His teacher greeted me at the door and told me that Jack had cut his hair and that he was not happy about it. He had tried to tape the hair back into place with Scotch tape. I asked him what made him do that and his reply was "You never told me not to." Thankfully we have a very flexible hair stylist who worked us quickly into her schedule that day and the end result was....
a Spring buzz cut!
Boy Math Problem #2:
This little button nose...
+
This little lego
=
Well...I think you know where that lego went. No picture to prove it, but our pediatrician can show you how far he had to stick the foreign object retrievers up Finn's nose to dislodge the little, red lego. Some have asked if I kept the lego. The answer is no. I can't imagine why I didn't want to save a boogery lego that sent me back to the pediatrician's office an hour after I had gotten off of work from there. Hopefully the photographed lego is not the original's understudy.
The more girls we're around, the more I'm learning that boys are, indeed, very different.
But they sure are cute.
And they don't sweat the small stuff too much.
They might make your hair raise on occasion,
but after awhile, you realize if you can't beat 'em...
Turning the boy tides for a moment, we have a new addition to the Ussery family....
Eliza Jordan Smith
4/4/11
8lb 4oz
21.5in
Eliza is the daughter of John's sister, Jordan, and our brother in law, Trevor. She has an older brother, Austin, who is eagerly waiting to share his toys with her:)
And more good news....
John's dad, Johnny, had ANOTHER CLEAR SCAN last Thursday. April 23rd will mark the one year anniversary of his pancreatic cancer diagnosis. After surgery, 6 months of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation, we are thrilled that there is currently no sign of cancer in his blood work or CT scan. We continue to seek the Lord on his behalf that the cancer would never return! Praise God for His goodness and mercy!

1 comment:
Love this post!
Post a Comment