
Hilton Head is truly a hidden gem of the east coast. Wide beaches, beautiful homes, hard-to-see signage...seriously...it's awesome. When we went to the beach one night a few weeks ago with the Reeds, however, we were reminded that even serenity has it's fair share of weirdness:
Here's Kim with her handsome boy, JP. I love this picture. Don't you think he looks just a LITTLE bit like his Mama? We had so much fun that night! Kim brought kites for the kids which they LOVED. Thanks, Kim!
Here's the Goof Troop. You can see that Jack was in a fowl mood at that moment.
But he perked up with a one on one with his girl, Shelby. They still look like siblings.
Last week we spent some time in Greensboro. Genie, Jackie, my mom and I attended the Deeper Still women's conference on Friday and Saturday. It was AWESOME!!! If you ever have a chance to go, you definitely should. Since I had driven so far and the boys were with me, we decided to hang out for a few days. We saw lots of family and were able to squeeze in a quick visit to see the Halls. Erin was one of my roomies at UNC. Here's her little girl, Charlotte, who may very well be my daughter in law one day:) The kids were so active while we were there that this is the best picture I got of those two. I do think at one point they hugged, so that was a step in the right direction.
On Tuesday we went to the Asheboro Zoo. Between 3 adults we had 5 children under the age of 4. All of the kids were boys I might add. But we trekked the entire zoo without any injuries or major meltdowns. Which equals success!!! The zoo was a lot of fun despite the warm temperatures. We'll definitely go back.
Here are two of our playmates for the day: Tucker and Jack P. (sleeping). They were so much fun and SO worn out by the end of the day.
Here's Tucker wearing a kid leash. If you've ever said you would NEVER put your child on the end of one of those things....you must not have children yet. They're lost prevention.
Here's the first of our favorite animals of the day: the chimpanzees! Doesn't this look like a little old man sitting there? He and Jack had a moment. He kept looking at Jack and then would point to his own eyes, like "Hey man, you've got something on your face." This chimp was so interactive and cool. If I was super rich and world hunger, AIDS and cancer were under complete control, I would buy a chimp. No question.
Here's our second favorite animal of the trip. The elephants came pretty close to us and we definitely felt connected to this one in a special way after he/she used the little pond as a giant toilet in front of all of the innocent onlookers. And since we had 5 boys, 3-4 of which are in prime potty humor stage, we had to stay and watch, and then talk about it every day since. It was honestly disgusting, yet amazing all at the same time. They are big animals with big colons. I'll leave it at that.
So we left Greensboro after a few days and came back to the zoo of our normal every day lives. It's the zoo we know and love. Jack started his 2nd year of preschool on Thursday, which he was excited about. I took his picture on the front step since that's what I had done last year and it seemed fitting to repeat. It's crazy how much he's changed since last year. The most obvious change is his eyewear. He ditched the goggles look and is now going for a more trendy look. He's still 100% boy, 100% active and 100% a reward to our family from God. We love our sons beyond what these fingers could ever type. It's exciting to see our firstborn learning and making friends. We are blessed.
Last year...
Last week...
John was off yesterday so we went out to breakfast at The Sippin' Cow. It's in downtown Bluffton if you're ever here. Stop by (after stopping by to see us!). We saw several of our friends there and were able to get this fun shot of the 4 older kiddos chowin' down on their pancakes and french toast. Love this shot. Love our friends.

And Happy Anniversary to my hunky husband of 6 years today. Happy 27th birthday to Jordan as well!!!!!!!
1 comment:
happy late anniversary! :) I love the pic updates. I hate that summer is coming to an end! I remember your wedding like it was yesterday too. Miss you!
Post a Comment