
The boys had on their matching swimsuits, which made them the hit of the beach. Everyone passing by would say, "Awww...look! Aren't they cute? They match." What is it about matching, anyway? This picture was one in a million, literally, as it's one of the few times that Jack has shared anything with anyone at anytime ever. I was a beaming mama to have caught it on film.

We realized that Jack's high level energy is not location specific. Yep, he was equally as nutsy on the beach as anywhere else. It was so nice to see him play in the water and sand instead of chase the birds which has been his previously preferred beach activity. Yesterday, he ran back and forth to the wagon, filling his buckets with sand and water and dumping them on me. That was a true "Mom Test" scenario. I would only allow myself to be covered in the gritty nastiness of wet sand for one of my boys. It was a beautiful day, and I'm so glad that we went. Hopefully we can join Mema and Deda for another day at the beach this week. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
As a side note, to all you mother's out there...do you find that you have a heightened Freak Alert Radar since having children? There was a man on the beach who kept passing us by and I didn't know if he was just a man taking a leisurely stroll, a past stroke victim, a mentally challenged adult, a child molester, or what, but my alert was sounding! It's hard to know these days. We didn't know whether to feel sorry for him, or pray for him, or look at him like "Don't think we're not memorizing what you look like". Am I alone here?
Jack has taken an interest into holding Finn over the past few weeks. He'll get down on the floor with him and say very slowly in his best baby talk, "Comere, Fen...I hold yoooooou." Finn usually tries to roll out of Jack's vice grip, but on this particular morning, he enjoyed being with his big brother.
Now that Finley is crawling, he's discovered the book shelf. In fact, he discovers it at least twice a day, dumping the books into the floor. His favorite book is one called Baby Faces. It's a book where each page has a close up of a baby making a different face, and on the opposite page will be a word describing the face, like "Uh-oh" or "Stinky". He LOVES it. I think it's the only thing he loves anymore. John and I are so confused as to what has happened to our sweet Finn. Over the past week, he's been SO fussy. Very few things elicit the Finn Grin anymore. Like every other parent, we're chalking it up to teething, because we're obviously not capable of having a fussy baby by nature. No way!:) If you happen to be praying for other fussy babies around the globe, add Finn's name to the list.... and add our names to the list of parents who may very well lose their minds at any given point.
Jack's cognitive abilities have apparently been affected by Finn's continual crying, too. The other day Jack wore his mismatched swimmies all morning. I never saw him pretend swimming or pretend zombie walking or anything. He went about his normal business but with flotation devices. Now that I think about it, he was really good that day....Hmmm...Do they make swimmies in adult sizes?
This past weekend I attended a Women of Faith conference with my gal pals in Jacksonville, FL. It was such a fun weekend. We heard from some great speakers who were all hilarious and so clearly doing what they have been gifted to do. Thanks to Leslie for the invitation, and thanks to all of you gals for making it such a fun time. And, as always, a HUGE THANKS to my hubster who kept the boys so I could make the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment